MMDT1021 Chapter 2
Notes - page 1
|Designing Your Site
- Plan each page.
- Why is this page here?
- Who are you communicating with?
- What do I need on this page?
- Does this page fit with others?
- Plan the Navigation.
- Link to an index.
- Links to related pages.
- Links to off-site pages.
- Plan the scope.
- How many pages?
- How many graphics?
- Plan page and file naming standard.
- No spaces.
- Directory structure vs Navigation structure.
- Create a folder to hold all the files on your
- Create sub-folders that follow page navigation.
- Keep folder names as short as you can.
|Creating a Web Page
- The first page is:
- index.html (Unix)
- index.htm (DOS/Windows/NetWare)
- default.htm or default.asp (IIS)
- Create a page
- Use your favorite editor.
- Do not start with a GUI editor.
Examples of GUI editors are Microsoft
- Basic HTML text editors are
BBEdit for the Mac,
or TextPad for the PC.